Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Then tragic, now comical moments:)

Few days back every TDH in school was preparing for the placement season. I had shock tremors run down my spine when I saw children taking notes and literally rattofying expected interview questions and then cracking the process! I tried to follow them and started flipping frantically through MBA books only to realize that just wasn't my cuppa tea! Worried, I went to an enlightened soul to show me the light(every achiever big or small turns into a counselor). I just could not assimilate the fact that four semesters, forty-five subjects could be learnt in 7 days. So what had they done?Simple, mastered any one of their favourite subjects:). Cool!!!Happy with the solution, I went through Corporate Finance and was on cloud nine the day I completed it! And what confidence! Nobody can stop me now. But how could I forget, I am HIS favourite kid, the chosen one(TCO). HE only knows in what ink and in what mood HE wrote my destiny! Following are the interview questions that were deal breakers:


Interviewer: What is your favourite subject?
TCO: Corporate Finance(I was waiting for this one!)
Interviewer: Ok, so let's talk about Banking.
TCO: @#$%&*!

So the next time I prepared four subjects(to be on the safer side). But then HE had a different plan for me...

Interviewer: Do you read?
TCO: (Can I say a NO to that?)Yeah...
Interviewer: You like history?
TCO: (Tempted to say NO, but that would be blunt and rude! Ask me about MBA you UKeP) I haven't read much but I enjoyed whatever little I read in school.
Interviewer: What did you enjoy? Ancient/Medieval/Modern?
TCO: (WTF! Kyu gadey murde ukhaad raha hai?) Modern.
Interviewer: Which dynasty Chanakya belonged to?
TCO: (Which part of Modern history will tell me that you ass*&^%) I don't know which dynasty he belonged to but he mentored Chandragupta of the Mauryan dynasty.
Interviewer: I never asked you that.
TCO: (Go to hell!) That is what came to my mind Sir, I am sorry...
Interviewer: When was the Battle of Plassey fought?
TCO: (I know this...)1751...No, 1757...No, 1751(F***)
Interviewer: You only said you enjoyed history.
TCO: My fault.
Interviewer: It's a shit job. You will go a long way if you do something of your own.
TCO: (That's why you are doing it. Suits you!)
Interviewer: You wanna say something or ask something?
TCO: (Yes, one question. When was the last time you smiled you narak ke gutter mein ladne wale pig ki intestine ke keedey!!!) The pre-placement talk was very informative Sir. You have already answered all my queries:) ( I don't want this job now even if you pay me double! Just pray we never meet across the table with positions interchanged, I will make your life hell!!!)

But today, looking back, I think I quite enjoyed the grill and the thrill:)

3 comments:

  1. funny...especially the last line...

    Just pray we never meet across the table with positions interchanged, I will make your life hell!!!

    hahaha... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed very funny...At times I feel either life's a joke or it's making a joke of me:D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who hasn't faced a similar interview at some point of time in his life! Pretty similar to my interview for NTPC. Was royally screwed!

    ReplyDelete