I am a free soul,
Don't try to cage me
For it is in my freedom
That lies my essence,
My very existence!
Like a green leaf
Broken from a branch,
Destined to the earth
To rest in its bosom...
Falling yet soaring,
Intoxicated in the breeze,
Floating to the rhythm,
For the world to see...
The innocent beauty
That remained inconspicuous
Just a moment back!
To many-a-being,
My life was with the branch,
Huddled with many more
Just like me...
But for me,
Just when I ceased to exist
Was when I was reborn,
Weightless and free...
And in this journey from stem to soil
Is that I am living,
A life of a lifetime...
This is me, very me!
Don't try to cage me
For it is in my freedom
That lies my essence,
My very existence!
Like a green leaf
Broken from a branch,
Destined to the earth
To rest in its bosom...
Falling yet soaring,
Intoxicated in the breeze,
Floating to the rhythm,
For the world to see...
The innocent beauty
That remained inconspicuous
Just a moment back!
To many-a-being,
My life was with the branch,
Huddled with many more
Just like me...
But for me,
Just when I ceased to exist
Was when I was reborn,
Weightless and free...
And in this journey from stem to soil
Is that I am living,
A life of a lifetime...
This is me, very me!
A free soul always tries to manifest the way of freedom and spread the essence with a clarity which surpasses even the angelic duties given by god.
ReplyDeleteGod Bless.
Mark my words.
Positive sense gives the right direction and a negative sense gives the wrong perception.
Keep smiling!!!
I also started like this and my blog is flooded now...
ReplyDeleteBut a writer in you - I like it - good start ... keep it going :)
Cheers,
Bala :)
whoa!!
ReplyDeleteif this is ur first poem then am waiting for the prolific poet in you....
really good buddy...
so in those last few fleeting moments, that unshackled leaf lived her life even though ppl perceived that she was alive when she was fixed to the stem...
Just when I ceased to exist
Was when I was reborn,
Weightless and free...
beautiful....
even when the leaf wud beacome dry, yellow n wilted, it wud live a nomadic lyf...falling and lofting....but absolutely free from expectations and relations....in a journey to the discovery of thyself...
nice...I didn't realize that u were so poetic in your expressions :-)
ReplyDeletethat is u, very u!! keep it up! :)
I have never thought about me like this.
ReplyDeleteI always belief that you can be a very good writer....good start...keep it up...
future Chetan Bhagat... :)
"My life was with the branch,
ReplyDeleteHuddled with many more
Just like me..."
very nice lines...
'this journey from stem to soil' -- awesome..
nice one......even i think dat there r many more thoughts in u which r waiting to cm out in a poetic way......its just a start......n d meaning in poem is really gud.....i loved it n count me a regular follower of ur poems.....even i believe dat u shud try writing a book tooo...as u hv capability to express urslf v well.....nice...(krispy)
ReplyDeletehmmm....nice....
ReplyDeletejust a thought....
No matter how strong a bond is,
No matter how far a block is,
A soul will always fly out from its cage,
though the ppl linked with the cage will feel the pain,
we know that it would happen some day,
still love act as a lock of this cage,
If you wanna to fly free,
first detact yourself from thee,
then the light may fall upon you,
and u shall realise yourself true.
Keep it up dear.....and do read my Blog too....
http://ankurghalib.blogspot.com/
Enjoy Writing....Keep Posting....
Wow ... "Broken from a branch,
ReplyDeleteDestined to the earth
To rest in its bosom...
Falling yet soaring,
Intoxicated in the breeze,
Floating to the rhythm,
For the world to see..." AWESOME MAcha .. Poets are getting more creative in how we promote ourselves. I’m glad to see it. I think this is going to be something we see more and more of in the future. Its only gonna get much better ;) ..
Super Macha ...keep writing ...
hey!
ReplyDeleteso u r a free spirit like me
:)
gud going grl
Hey..Nice Poetry Buddy.
ReplyDeleteI never knew that there is a poet hidden in you.
Looking forward to follow you and keep up the good work.
This is a wonderfullll piece!!
ReplyDeleteSeriously, so deep thoughts and such a fresh style of writing.
Waiting for your next poem :)