Friday, November 11, 2011

An hour at the hospital

The past few days have been quite dull and uneventful. Being the novelty seeking person always on the go, montony in any form galls me to the core. Life is all about change and I strongly believe no matter how positive or negative the change seems to be, the final outcome is liberating. 

I landed in Bangalore after some three odd years. Started life afresh with a new job and a new set of people around. Life seemed on track and it actually is. Touchwood! I like my work and am doing well. Touchwood again! My kitchen and my drawing board have become my best pals. Yes, cooking and cartooning have become the love of my life off late. But like an unfaithful lover, I have started hunting for new grounds to keep my soul young and alive!

Yesterday, a friend of mine had high temperature and I had to take her to Apollo. Waiting for the much awaited Dr. Doctor in the lobby, I looked around. The only lively beings in that pool of stricken faces were small kids loitering around, completely unaware of where they were and what  for! Jumping and all excited they went in the doctor's cabin and howling and crying they came out…(Can somebody find a substitute for injections please!!!) I looked at a friendly and cheerful little face across the hall and said to my friend in a light hearted tone, "Yaar ek bachcha laa do, mann laga rehta hai". She looked at me and smiled. I knew what she wanted to say, "Tum Pagal ho, kuch nahi ho sakta tumhara":D

Had I asked for anything else that moment, that would have been granted. Hardly two minutes had passed when I saw the same cute little face smiling at me just beside me! No sooner had I smiled back than this cutie, who was happily seated on his dad's shoulders almost jumped on me. I had to literally catch him! He was all smiles. The moment I held him in my arms , he gurgled with delight,  hugged me tightly and in no time the two of us became the bestest buddies in the world:)

He refused to go back to his dad and even his grand dad who looked at me with utter disbelief, unwilling to accept what their eyes had seen! For the next one hour, till the time I was in the hospital, this little angel kept me engaged, sometimes playing peek-a-boo, sometimes strolling in the hospital with his little hands clutching my fingers tightly and his little feet trying to run. I don't have words to express the joy I felt from within, playing with this tiny 11 month old - Nobby! Never in my life had I prayed for someone to be in the hospital forever. But this time I did. I didn't want my friend to come out of the doctor's cabin so that I could spend more time with my new friend. I just wished I could take him home and keep him forever. But some things aren't possible:) Out came my friend and I had to bid good bye to this wonderful being. 


Did this end there?Nopes, that night, after ages I had levitation dreams, where I was with a tiny tot inside a big bubble, floating on calm waters, levitating, playing and the entire feel of the dream was that of joy, innocence, purity, upliftment and freedom! 

That one hour in the hospital made my day. And...night too:)

6 comments:

  1. (:

    Glad something at the hospital could cheer you up. My share has always been depressing. Really, really depressing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. looking at the title, i expected a sad story...glad that it ended well :)
    btw...a free advice that you really dont need but, get married soon...you will have all the joy of playing with kids(am already enjoying with my son. so i think i can suggest you this...) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ MangoMan I think it's all within us...Jo andar hota hai, wohi bahar dikhta hai...And the best state is that of being neutral and living in the moment:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. its a lovely tale.. you know.. it takes a lot to find happiness… sometimes people just don;t look enough. your post stands testimony of the fact that smiles could be fund lurking in the darkest of places… this i say as hospitals in general are not considered happy places!!!

    you have a gift of writing!

    ReplyDelete