Sunday, November 7, 2010

This Diwali...removing dust from turepics !

 

So all your fears come true...the devil is back again and as always you have no option but to fight your reluctance to go through another slow but sturdy wave of random thoughts of a "rumti jogan". This year, I had made up my mind...no crackers on Diwali and trust me I clung to the resolution till that one isolated but obnoxiously appealing box cast its magic spell on me. I could no longer keep my hands off it!!! Out of the window went the resolution and thad thid thadak thidik thidik went the dus hazaar ki lad! "Fatake fatake pe likha hota hai fodne wale ka naam". By the way, I think the word patakha should be replaced by fataka...it's much easier to pronounce plus it is truly representative of its inherent nature...kaise fatak se nikalta hai fataka and kaise fut fut fut-te hain fatake!

I love the festival of Diwali especially the preparations for Diwali. The fragrance of mom-cooked gujhiyas and mathris and barfis and chaklis...my dil goes mmmmmmmmm....Dusting, cleaning, brooming, mopping are never so sought after tasks and my insistence to let me handle the job leaves my mom gaping in thick air. It's like a treasure hunt...searching for something that I never knew existed or something that I knew existed but had completely forgotten ! And this time guess what the warrior lay her hands on - her sketchfile ! Sketching is like a fad to me, once I am into it, I am completely into it ( this one is from my chum...Love you Monika...mmuuaahhh). Every object becomes a model, every face becomes an inspiration and every expression on every face becomes a priceless pearl to be stashed in my sketchbook for ever. Felt like sharing some of them with you.










Once upon a time...





when...







star posters adorned the walls of my room.











Age no bar...









Innocence !
What does it want to say?






Sunshine !







  
Mystery !
You can never make out what lies within !



















Prestige !
















Wrinkles?

Naahh

Experience !









Now this one is a failure.What I wanted to show was Serenity, but what turned out was Oomph !









And guess what ! Standing on the stool, with the dusting cloth on my shoulder,  looking at the sketches, I was so much lost that I didn't realize when my mom came, quietly clicked a pic of mine and then just like an original murga chhaap desi sootli bum exploded, "Agli Diwali tak toh safai ho jayegi na?"

2 comments:

  1. Hey kats,

    U knw what.. You are creative, but the degree of creativity is like inclining exponentially in every post of yours.. Keep going.. So proud of you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Main Amarrr ho gayii..:)
    Thanks khyati for those sweet 3.5 months in Flora..:P
    come to bangalore soon.....Monika Rathore

    ReplyDelete