People say I am very difficult. They are ever complaining of my free flowing ways that they believe have evil powers to drive the calmest of souls to lunacy! Recently, one of my friends, after months of research finally diagnosed the bug in me. He calls it anthrax. Deadly and contagious...and trust me, I don't have words to express my jubilation at this discovery! And why not, not everybody can be a pain in the ass and still manage to be cherry of the eyes ! Am I a sadist? Gosh...thaz too psycho-scary a word for me. A half head??? May be...Or better still...a weirdo? I think weirdo is the closest. Hey hey hey, hang on a sec....Are you thinking I just made fun of myself? Before you go on with forming a virtual and rather distorted image of mine, let me clarify...I believe it is always better to laugh at yourself coz that makes you strong enough to take on what other ignorant beings have to throw at you. It's a wonderfully weird way of mocking an otherwise frustrating frantically fudged and freaked out life of a finance student!!!Fhewwww!!!
Just a couple of days back, one of my best friends Richa was in the city. We had planned a trekking tour with few other common friends but the program had to be scrapped.Thanks to our ever so committed professor who goes on a killing spree not sparing us even on a day as auspicious as Ganesh Chaturthi! N more than that, hats off to his dozens of students who have the uncanny knack of transforming the most interesting topics into the most morbid presentations. The three hour extra class was an assault...rape...and we had no choice, but to enjoy! And finally when the doors were opened, the Gods showered their affection with prickly heat on our already emptied heads! And so my friend and I had no better option than mall rattling(I didn't want to give her a chance to crib that we didn't go out!)
Sitting in a food joint @ E-Square, we discussed almost everything that had happened to us in the past few years. We reminisced our hey days in engineering college and first job. How our ears had got trained to stentorian voices: bhagwan bachaaye...bechara tera boyfriend...and the evrgreen sudhar ja!!!And ofcourse my mom's all time favourite...sasural wale kosenge ladki ko kuch nahi sikhaya!!!And we realized that despite life's pangs we are what we had alwaz been- mast maula. Hum nahi sudhrenge! And the best thing, I revisited my wish list I had forgotten long back...the top few are:
1.Bunjee jumping from a hill top atleast four thousand meters above sea level: Wanna experience the adrenaline rush and the thrill of letting myself freely fall under gravity!
2.A safari in African jungles: Might sound crazy, but I seriously wanna spend a night in a tent on a tree branch!!How I wish Beer Grill reads this blog someday and picks me as his assistant for Man vs. Wild!
3.Getting lost in an unknown place with no money, no cell phone, no internet and nobody to understand any of the languages that I speak and still work my way through! Non-cooperative behavior from the denizens would add more spice! Thaz freaky I know:)
4.An NDE(Near Death Experience):Heard of numerous stories, wanna experience one for myself!
5.Leading a completely ascetic and spiritual life in an aashram for few days.
6.Organizing an exhibition of my sketches and paintings and having celebrities bid for them!
7.Getting married to a guy who is as weirdo as me : a head case who has the craziest of choices and whackiest of ideas, who would blabber when I am silent and listen when I am exploding! Sensible, when I am out of my senses and a spoilt kid when I am pampering him(No wonder my friends sympathise with my would be would be:D)
Well, the list is long and I can go on and on but I think it's enough for the day. Have class after 30 minutes and as usual, I am unbathed, unprepared and completely uninterested. Would take around 10-15 minutes to prepare myself to spruce up, another 15 minutes to actually spruce up and the last minute to sprint to my class before my professor slams the door on my face or worse still lets me in but does not give me the attendance!!!I better start off with the preparation phase:D
Just a couple of days back, one of my best friends Richa was in the city. We had planned a trekking tour with few other common friends but the program had to be scrapped.Thanks to our ever so committed professor who goes on a killing spree not sparing us even on a day as auspicious as Ganesh Chaturthi! N more than that, hats off to his dozens of students who have the uncanny knack of transforming the most interesting topics into the most morbid presentations. The three hour extra class was an assault...rape...and we had no choice, but to enjoy! And finally when the doors were opened, the Gods showered their affection with prickly heat on our already emptied heads! And so my friend and I had no better option than mall rattling(I didn't want to give her a chance to crib that we didn't go out!)
Sitting in a food joint @ E-Square, we discussed almost everything that had happened to us in the past few years. We reminisced our hey days in engineering college and first job. How our ears had got trained to stentorian voices: bhagwan bachaaye...bechara tera boyfriend...and the evrgreen sudhar ja!!!And ofcourse my mom's all time favourite...sasural wale kosenge ladki ko kuch nahi sikhaya!!!And we realized that despite life's pangs we are what we had alwaz been- mast maula. Hum nahi sudhrenge! And the best thing, I revisited my wish list I had forgotten long back...the top few are:
1.Bunjee jumping from a hill top atleast four thousand meters above sea level: Wanna experience the adrenaline rush and the thrill of letting myself freely fall under gravity!
2.A safari in African jungles: Might sound crazy, but I seriously wanna spend a night in a tent on a tree branch!!How I wish Beer Grill reads this blog someday and picks me as his assistant for Man vs. Wild!
3.Getting lost in an unknown place with no money, no cell phone, no internet and nobody to understand any of the languages that I speak and still work my way through! Non-cooperative behavior from the denizens would add more spice! Thaz freaky I know:)
4.An NDE(Near Death Experience):Heard of numerous stories, wanna experience one for myself!
5.Leading a completely ascetic and spiritual life in an aashram for few days.
6.Organizing an exhibition of my sketches and paintings and having celebrities bid for them!
7.Getting married to a guy who is as weirdo as me : a head case who has the craziest of choices and whackiest of ideas, who would blabber when I am silent and listen when I am exploding! Sensible, when I am out of my senses and a spoilt kid when I am pampering him(No wonder my friends sympathise with my would be would be:D)
Well, the list is long and I can go on and on but I think it's enough for the day. Have class after 30 minutes and as usual, I am unbathed, unprepared and completely uninterested. Would take around 10-15 minutes to prepare myself to spruce up, another 15 minutes to actually spruce up and the last minute to sprint to my class before my professor slams the door on my face or worse still lets me in but does not give me the attendance!!!I better start off with the preparation phase:D
No comments:
Post a Comment